Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Children say prayers for Michael

Today, at around mid-morning, the children interrupted their routine activities briefly to say prayers for me (i.e Michael Kimpur, their Director). Though I wasn't feeling like getting into so much of a rigorous physical activity during during the day, our staff on duty insisted, all the same, that I show up at the playing ground for the kids had a thing or two for me. "What was it?", I wondered....

At 10 am in the morning, I  was at the play ground which is adjacent to the chapel. And alas, children were already out at the venue, and from the look of things, indeed, there were every indications that they were ready for something, for some of the kids were arranged in rows, at least from a distance I could clearly see two groups overlooking each other. At the center of was a chair. As I approached, one of the staff immediately motioned at me to take up the seat.

 The kids were aware of the accident I was involved in last week. Besides letting them know about the incident, I wasn't sure what else they could do about that. In fact, as I looked at their bright faces and curious eyes, I got a feeling of calm and assurance - the God who got them out of  their respective past difficult situations, did protect me last fateful Wednesday.....

 I am so thankful to God for His protection....and these children whose eyes all beamed in my  direction were to me an embodiment of God's saving grace in our lives....it's because of His grace that we are to do what we do....nothing less.

Apparently, we were all thankful to God for each other.We have grown to be one big indispensably family - that is DAYLIGHT.

 While all these were racing through my mind, the prayer moment began in earnest. The little children said a prayer for me. Fervently. They said it not by way of big words but plain simple ones....a poem....a song.... lots of jumping.....and a dance...in prayers and thanksgiving to Him! 

The following picture and videos were captured during the prayer session, please check them out - 

The kids and I singing and clapping together



No comments:

Post a Comment